Saturday, May 29, 2010

Here's a game I just invented that we can all play in the comfort of our own living rooms - well those of us living in the UK can. With the World Cup less than two weeks away let's all count how many times the BBC (and/or any other British based news organisation) mentions the fact that England won the Cup in 1966. I hardly watch TV and actively avoid sports coverage and I'm up to three already. One mention was really weird in that the paid commentator remarked that "no one would ever forget the moment that Roger Moore held the trophy aloft". I was only seven years old at the time and I think I would remember that - the Saint also captained the World Cup winning England team? Cool.

To avoid any further confusion, here is a quick and easy spotters' guide:

Henry Moore - sculptor of monumental abstract bronzes

Sir Thomas Moore - author of The Watchmen comic book

Demi Moore - maverick film director of Bowling for Columbine

No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker