Wednesday, July 10, 2019

I have just spent the last two days resisting buying this:


A French comic from the 1980s featuring underwater Kung Fu on Shark Attack action!  I mean how brilliant IS that on a scale of zero to 25?  About a 23 I reckon.

Sadly the interior art looks less than stellar



so I won't be buying "Steel Punch".  But it is nice to know (in some way I'm not sure I can define) that, while franco-belge comics are frequently things of utter beauty and the best comic art in the world, there were still people churning out badly drawn crap like this.

EDIT: Looking at it again I suspect the artist here is Italian.  There's something about the sloppy style that just says fumetti.  


No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker