Friday, August 17, 2007

Did You Just Put A Magnet Up Your Bum!?

As of Monday this week both Holly and Daisy go to school. (Pictures over on Merriol's Blog). I have been looking forward to this for ages. Much as I love my daughters to bits it is sometimes hard to know how children so small can occupy so much time and space. I've been looking forward to this week for ages because it meant that I would now have some time in which to do something above and beyond the basic "Keeping Everything Under Control and Cooking" which is all that I seem to be able to do at the moment. Currently a good day is when the place doesn't look quite as shambolical in the evening as it did in the morning. Real gold medal time is when I actually get to finish the things I list in my head I have to do during they day.
With Holly in school all day and Daisy away for the afternoon I would be able to think about larger projects like painting the bare plasterboard walls that didn't get finished when we built the upstairs four years ago, like getting to grips with the tottering piles of books and magazines in the office, like finishing the script I should have completed three months ago. Stuff like that.

The trouble is that for the first 4 weeks of the term Holly isn't at school all day. I found this out to my crushing disappointment only last week so had to immediately shelve any idea I had of actually achieving anything this month. Holly goes to school in the morning. Daisy goes to school in the afternoon. This means that I have to get Daisy her lunch, and get her up the hill by 12.30 to meet Holly coming out of school. We then kick about in the playground for fifteen minutes till Nursery opens then I take Holly home and feed her her lunch. If you add in dawdle on the way home time, unavoidable chuntering to Mums at the gates time, chitchat with teachers time, lost shoes searching time etc. etc. lunch, which used to take an hour, now takes two. By Holly going to school I actually have less time during the day than I did before. And, because when Holly is at school she can't play with Daisy, and vice versa in the afternoon, they both demand even more of my time because they haven't got each other to distract them.

Three weeks to go...

I hope I make it.


2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Hang in there little Daddy.

Anonymous said...

"You know you can do it!" - in the imortal voice of the ever-so-annoying Stephanie (Lazy Town!!!!)

x

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker