Friday, September 25, 2009

I am now 50 years old and have been for a few days now. I can't say I have noticed any real signs of the Sudden-onset Decrepitude Syndrome I was dreading - the occasional urge to listen to Perry Como records and wear cardigans aside, I think I'm pretty much the same as I was last week. Actually my 50th birthday was a lot of fun. Very childish. Merriol, lovely woman that she is, hired the local High School's auditorium /cinema for the afternoon and I got to eat popcorn and watch Tron - of which I am a secret geeky fan - on the biggish screen. After that it was back to the house for jelly and cakes, and pizza, and balloons, and masses of chocolate. I think I now own more chocolate than several of the smaller chocolate producing nations combined.



Another cool thing I got for my birthday by Liam Aged 50:

A Sony Reader 600! Apparently I kept waking Merriol up at ungodly hours of the morning as I discovered new and interesting things I could do with it. Luckily she didn't demonstrate any of the new and interesting things she thought to do with it when I did.

There is also a bag of Kopi Luwak, the world's most expensive coffee, in the fridge. Mike and Morag bought it for me. Kopi Luwak is made from beans that have been eaten and then pooed out by some kind of Vietnamese weasel. I'm really looking forward to trying it. Maybe tomorrow.

Rate My Poo


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday !

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker