Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Feel A Bit Benty

Broke down the set today and gathered tools etc. etc. Lots of hammering, crashing, swearing and young girls in cheerleader costumes roller-skating past our ears. (The hall was doubled booked, our Get Out and the local roller disco formation ultra-girly roller-skating group. They were supposed to be staying up the far end of the hall near their incredibly bad, distorting sound system and their equally bad and distorted choice of music but kept straying down to where we were wrestling with miles of cables, lighting bars and one and a half tons of gaffer tape stuck to every available surface.)
During all this I managed to twat myself on the head, someone distracted me while I was taking down one of the lighting stands - not one of the scantily clad roller disco formation roller-skating ultra-girls but one of our lot who wanted to know where something was. By the time I had finished the conversation with him I had forgotten the nut I was about to undo was the final nut to be undone and, therefore, the only thing holding the heavy bar above my head in position - so when I blithely undid it, the bugger came down with a crash and cracked me just above the eye. It could have been a lot worse. I swore a lot, mostly at my own stupidity, and bled a lot less than I was expecting, much to my relief.

One of the tunes the roller disco formation roller-skating scantily clad ultra-girls played on their crappy, distorting sound system was 'Tomorrow' from Annie. I hate 'Tomorrow' from Annie. I have never dared Google the names of the people who wrote because I know that if I ever find out they are still alive I will be instantly overwhelmed with the need to do something about it.
When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow...
You can't! Try it. Right now. Stick out your chin. Grin. Now try and talk...
It's impossible. No one can do it. Not without sounding like a total drooling imbecile anyway.


Mmmmm, Italian Style Lasagne




.

No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker