Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I've cancelled everything in my diary - including Australia Day and the Jewish New Year

I've been reading a lot of blogs recently as you would imagine and I was today going to submit to the will of the masses and try and write a typical blog entry. This would have been a right justified, free verse poem without punctuation detailing a second by second account of my coming to terms with my hamster's herpes infection, a pevish rant by some lone Democrat upset that his bunch of white billionairs aren't running his Government, or something totally incomprehesible (to me at least) acompanied by pictures of 'cute' wide eyed animals that make the Care Bears look like the Four Oarsmen of the Apocalypse.

Luckily I decided against it.

Merriol's best friend ever, ever since they were that high, Julia, had her baby last night. Please put your hands together and welcome Emma Bethan Jones to the world stage.

7lb 02 ounces.

I have no idea what that is in metric. I suspect that long after everything else has gone metric babies will still come in pounds. Because the gap between generations is so long it's going to take centuries before the need to compare birthweights with the previous generation will make the switch to the metric system. 16+ years is a long lag between measurements.

1 comment:

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Welcome - 7lb 2oz Emma Beth Jones Daughter of Julia, Friend To Merriol Over the Ages - to the world! Namaste!

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker