Sunday, July 17, 2005

The VHS is dead - dammit.

Blockbuster in the UK - well my bit of it at least - no longer trade VHS tapes. This is a bit of a shit as it was a great way for me to:
  1. Find realy bad SF movies that no one would ever consider releasing on DVD (even if they were paid oodles of money) for only a quid per movie.
  2. Get rid of them again for 40p per tape.
Net result? I got indefinate rental of tape for 60 pence. Now the buggers have declared the VHS too much trouble and, as of tomorrow, will only be dealing with DVDs.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the copies of Robocop? Everytime I went in there seemed to be more and more copies of Robocops 1, 2, & 3. The thing was taking over. Everyone was selling it no-one was buying.

There were a lot of copies of Lost in Space too...

No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker