Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's To Stop People Being Sick On Half The Room

Highlight of my day today: falling asleep on the sofa while watching "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini".

One thing good did come of it though. I have decided what the world needs is a online database detailing the time that elapses between the first appearance of a swimming pool in any given movie and the time someone falls into, or is dicovered floating face down in it (depending on the type of movie).

I will start work on this massive task as soon as I have finished my exhaustive and definitive episode by episode guide to the number of times characters say "Omigod" in Friends (the resulting site to be called www.theonewheretheysayomigodalot.com)
and my detailed survey of the extras in Babylon 5 pinpointing (with screencaps) the appearance of a particular hat which seems to be in every episode of at least the first 3 seasons.
These are both long cherished projects of mine and one day (possibly when the kids are grown up) I will get round to these monumentaly sad undertakings.

It's been a good couple of days for total crap. In addition to "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" (Starring Basil Rathbone, Boris Karloff, and... Nancy Sinatra?!!!) last night I read a totally utterly fucking awful SF story by Wernher von Braun (Nazi inventor of the ballistic missile) which I took as confirmation of the creaky old Horror SF movie line "There are some things we scientists are not meant to meddle in!". In this case writing fiction.


.

4 comments:

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Please also catalog the list of movies with pools in which the pool is never used. I find that torturous.

Junk Monkey said...

Name one! Just name ONE!

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Ok... there was a recent sequel to "Get Shorty" - John Travolta, etc.

Uma Thurman is sunning herself next to her fancy LA pool. She's morning the loss of her husband, James Woods.

She does not swim.

It makes me CRAZY!

WHY HAVE A POOL???

Junk Monkey said...

I will wait till I see the DVD and then check out the extras - somewhere in there will be a 'deleted scene' with someone floating face down in it. I bet ya!

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker