Friday, January 12, 2007

Merriol spent the night away in Edinburgh last night doing some hotel staff training thing - how to do it faster cheaper and with the new whiz bang system, she came home pooped and after reading the kids a bedtime story went straight to bed herself. Last night was the first night I had spent in our bed alone for 2 years, since Daisy was born in fact. I would like to say it was a weird experience being alone in the bed and it seemed huge without her, and I couldn't sleep because it was so empty and quiet but, despite the wind gusting up to 95 mph outside, I was snoring within minutes.

This evening, left to my own devices, I have (with the help of Paul who knows how to do such things) been networking the new computer with the old one - thus saving me hours plugging and unplugging the USB stick that I have been using to shuttle stuff backwards and forwards between the two.

So now all my old bookmarks and USEFUL stuff I had on the old machine is much more get at-able and it also means that since both machines can access the web simultaneously it will end the meaningful pacing and heavy hints that go on when one of us thinks the other is hogging the WWW. "I've made you a cup of tea - I'll leave it down here on the kitchen table, and isn't that programme you have been wanting to watch on soon?"

And BOTH the kids can play on Cbeebies at the SAME TIME without me having to act as referee.



This may turn out to be the best tenner I spent on eBay for a long time.





No comments:

Missing CD? Contact vendor

Free CD
Please take care
in removing from cover.

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 by me, Liam Baldwin. That's real copyright, not any 'creative commons' internet hippy type thing.

(this copyright notice stolen from http://jonnybillericay.blogspot.com/)

eXTReMe Tracker